Natural remedy for cleaning wax, soothing itchy ears and maintaining ear health in cats and dogs.
Ear health, structure and function
While the basic structure and functions of the ears of dogs and cats are similar to humans, dogs in particular differ in the shapes of their outer ear. While some dogs have pointed upright ears, others (like Spaniels) have long, pendulous ears which can predispose them to ear problems.
This interesting fact highlights the importance of keeping ears healthy, clean and free of ear mites (to prevent scratching and irritation). Your pet’s ears also contain certain amounts of wax as well as a variety of flora (e.g. yeast and certain bacteria) to keep ears clean and free of infection.
Maintaining the natural balance of normal flora and healthy organisms in the ear is therefore important, and it is only when a weakened immune system causes over proliferation of the inner flora of the ear that problems arise.
Look out for shaking of the head and ears, scratching and rubbing, a foul smell from the ear or even discharge-- and consult your vet if you are concerned.
The natural way
As can be seen from the above, maintaining balance and harmony in the ear and keeping the outer ear clean is very important in helping to keep pets’ ears problem-free. There is much that can be done to prevent problems.
Because the ears are essentially part of the skin, ear health starts with general skin health. This means a healthy diet, avoidance of allergens, and keeping pets free from mites, fleas and other skin parasites
By adopting a holistic approach to your pet’s health and examining all factors that influence your pet’s well-being, a happy, healthy pet will result.
Today’s rushed, over-processed lifestyle puts strain on our pet’s immune systems and predisposes them to developing allergies and succumbing to infections. By feeding a diet free of colorants and preservatives and one that approximates the diet that they would eat in the wild you are less likely to have a pet that suffers from dietary intolerances or skin problems.
A last note: Do not be tempted to probe your pet’s ears with Q-tips- you will only do damage!
What is Ear Dr.?
Ear Dr. contains a blend of natural, herbal ingredients in a medicinal olive oil base, all specially selected to support the health of the skin and structures inside the ear .
How has Ear Dr. helped others?
“…My vet has a special interest in natural treatment and recommended your website - so I ordered the ear oil and it has been wonderful. Three months now without any problems, and far from having to force him to have the drops, Benji actually enjoys his little ear “massages”! Thank you from both of us!”
Disclaimer: Testimonials have been edited to comply with FDA regulations. While positive results are likely, the testimonials used are general results and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results - individual results may vary.
What are the Ingredients?
Ear Dr. contains the following ingredients:
- Melaleuca alternifolia is also known as Tea Tree Oil and is widely used for skin health. This oil has outstanding properties and has been used by the Aborigines in Australia for centuries. This oil is gentle enough for delicate areas of the body, such as the ears, yet still provides support for the auditory canal and inner ear. It has also been studied for its ability to maintain healthy balance of bacteria. (Carson CF, Riley TV. Antimicrobial activity of the major components of the essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia. J Appl Bacteriol 1995;78(3):264-269)
- Rosmarinus officinale (Rosemary) is well-known in naturopathic circles as a tonic and restorative and can be used internally as well as on the skin to support skin integrity and the natural protective function of the skin. Rosemary has been studied for its ability to support healthy levels of bacteria and microbes. (Santoyo, S., Cavero, S., Jaime, L., Ibanez, E., Senorans, F. J., and Reglero, G. “Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of Rosmarinus officinalis L. essential oil obtained via supercritical fluid extraction.” J Food Prot. 2005;68(4):790-795).
- Calendula officinalis (Marigold) is an herbal ingredient well known for its beneficial effects on the skin.
- Verbascum thapsus has a long history of use for maintaining and supporting ear health and is commonly applied externally to the ear in the form of ear drops. Recent studies have investigated Mullein for its ability to soothe the ear. (Sarrell EM, Mandelberg A, Cohen HA. “Efficacy of naturopathic extracts in the management of ear pain associated with acute otitis media”. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001;155:796-799).
Native Remedies'' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness, all backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our products contain no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, are suitable for lacto-vegetarians and are not tested on animals. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
How do I use Ear Dr.?
The ingredients of Ear Dr. are presented in a soothing olive oil base.
Hold your pet''s head slightly to one side and allow the drops to fall into the ear canal. Massage gently to spread the oil into the ear canal. Repeat 2 - 3 times daily for at least 7 - 10 days. Re-apply at the very first signs of re-infection. In the case of chronic ear problems, apply once or twice weekly as a preventative.
Cats and small dogs: 2-3 drops in the affected ear.
Medium-large dogs: 3-5 drops in the affected ear.
Maintenance dose: The dosage above can be repeated once or twice weekly as a maintenance dose
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways, some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support, many customers report using a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
Ear Dr. is highly recommended along with the following product
- Clenzor™ is used to clean and soothe your pet’s skin
How long until I see results?
An almost immediate soothing effect should be noticed. Results for ear health will continue to improve over 1-3 weeks of regular use.
How long will a bottle last?
One 30 ml bottle of Ear Dr. will last for 20-40 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
A 60-120 day supply of 3 bottles is offered at a discount see the Buy 2 Get 1 FREE special below.